2013 Riding Season & Class Information
Spring Session: April 15th-May 24th
Summer I Session: June 3rd-July 12th
Summer II Session: July 22nd-August 30th
Fall Session: September 9th-October 18th
Spring, Summer 1, Summer 2 and Fall session are six weeks long, with a one-hour lesson each week. The fee for each session is $120. Rider scholarships are available, please see the information below.
How to enroll
Click on each of the 5 links below to download and print enrollment materials or contact our office at (218) 879-7608 and request an enrollment packet.
The packet includes the following forms to be filled out and returned to our office as soon as possible:
1. Cover Letter (Must be attached)
2. If you participated in the program in the last two years and have had no changes you may submit the
returning rider application form
Adult Application Form
Youth Application Form
or Able-Bodied Rider Form
3. Client Release Form
4. Client Authorization for Emergency Medical Treatment
5. Client’s Medical Information/Physician Statement
*If you would like the instructor to focus on a particular area/type of development, please indicate this on your application form. “
Enrollment information is reviewed and participants are matched to instructors and available lesson times. We make every effort to accommodate all who wish to participate in our riding programs.
Based upon the guidelines from PATH, Intl regarding precautions and contra-indications to riding, North Country R.I.D.E. reserves the right to deny or adapt our services as deemed appropriate due to medical or safety concerns for the rider, horse, volunteers or staff.
You will be contacted to confirm rider’s participation and lesson schedule.
Scholarships are available on a limited basis to help with program fees. are required to be filled out with explanation for request. Scholarship requests are due two weeks prior to the start of the session.
Scholarship application form
Cancellation of classes
The safety of students and horses are very important to all of us at North Country R.I.D.E. Class will not be held during the following conditions:
- Temperature extremes
- High winds
- Thunderstorms or tornado warnings
If you're not sure, please call us at (218) 879-7608 .
- An equestrian safety helmet (ATSM-SEI approved) must be worn and will be provided
- Long pants such as blue jeans, stirrup pants or riding pants
- Protective sun screen, sun glasses and insect repellant as needed
- Closed toe sturdy shoes or riding boots with non-slip soles are recommended
- No sandals or open-toe shoes
- The arena is not air-conditioned or heated. Dress accordingly depending on the time of year and weather conditions
Please call the office at (218) 879-7608 as soon as possible if you know you will miss class.
Lesson fees will be refunded (or credited to another program session) only if there are medical reasons (a physician’s statement is required) or if North Country R.I.D.E. cancels a lesson.